Tuesday, December 15, 2015

A Generation, Vocal

I feel a bittersweet sense of comfort in the fact that communication has played such a big role in shaping the zeitgeist of our times. Do you imagine life without twitter by tweeting about it? Yeah, you're pretty up there. What's not to like - everyone now having a voice has allowed many pressing issues to be discussed. Healthily. Be it acceptance of gay love, solidarity in the face of unfair killings of wildlife or a show of support for humanity beyond borders – we now live in a time where a singular cry of help does not have to drown out in the sea of noise that we swirl around in, all accustomed to the clangour. 

Right now, even amidst deafening commotion, when something important needs to be put out there, rest assured, it will echo with a resounding bang. How about it, huh?

On the other hand, how many times do we stop to think that not using this almighty power of being vocal is even an option? What do you reckon would happen if every single person living on the planet sincerely agreed to execute a synchronised 2 minutes of absolutely no talking? We could go numb with shock at our own silence. I'm astounded to think just what great discoveries we might make if we all stopped talking about human stuff and strain ourselves to listen. If, magically, such meditative silence descended on the planet, I'm pretty fucking sure we can hear the elements moan as they swish past our indifferent selves. And if ever that dreamlike state continued for a bit longer we'll even see that other species are actually talking to us. I worry for the amount of sarcasm we'd be in for.

As I flop back onto the bed, I can visualise the Earth breaking into a little celebration jig at the thought of such relieving silence. "Maybe I can finally get 'round to reading that book."
Heh.

Courtesy: Pinterest





















Communication is more than just the verbal game is what my father always says.
Well, jabber-jabber or not, what an exciting field of study!

Have yourself a lovely day!
x

5 comments:

  1. wow, great, I was wondering how to cure acne naturally. and found your site by google, learned a lot, now i’m a bit clear. I’ve bookmark your site and also add rss. keep us updated. custom website development services

    ReplyDelete
  2. clinton@mail.postmanllc.net

    ReplyDelete

  3. My name is Mrs. Lucinda Gregory. I live in Spain
    and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him,he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a
    loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Lucinda Gregory that refer you to him. contact Mr. Abdallah
    via email:(Abdallah.afandi@financier.com)

    ReplyDelete

  4. My name is Mrs. Lucinda Gregory. I live in Spain
    and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him,he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of $250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 2 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a
    loan of $250,000.00 U.S. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs. Lucinda Gregory that refer you to him. contact Mr. Abdallah
    via email:(Abdallah.afandi@financier.com)

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love, go on <3