Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Itchy and Scratchy

















Not these guys.

ME.
I'm all itchy.

My blogger's itch kicks in at the random-est of times. Seriously.

I am at my workstation trying to brush up on Instructional Design Theory for a new project at work. The Global Delivery Director sits across the desk from me. I have a deadline on at least two sets of PPTs that I have to send out to the Graphics team before it is proofread (by who else but Yours truly) and declared "good-to-go".

Yet at such a critical time my fingers have decided to start twisting backwards and the voice in my head is telling me to sign in to my page and broadcast to the world the goings-on of my life.

I had the full weekend to myself. Not fighting with the hubby-bi *for once*. A super-stable internet connection was in place. The weather had been conducive and the only laptop at home was just lying there - as free as the second pizza from Domino's on a Wednesday night. Still, somehow, the thought of blogging was on holiday then...

And even though today, at work, it will take me upwards of 60 minutes to type, edit and publish a new post
I JUST CANNOT HELP MYSELF.
I slyly, compulsively open an incognito window and start to type.

The swiftly approaching deadline rears its ugly head at me in the form of a fugggly Post-it, fluttering gently while I am gazing at nothing-in-particular at mid-distance...
What will become of me today?














This out of the blue itch to update my blog is not just today, by the way:

1. While commuting to work on Bangalore's very bumpy roads - bumpy enough to rattle the thoughts around in my head
2. At the bar having a good time with friends...
3. Every single time I am without pen, paper or phone
4. Never mind where else

The coolest blog ideas come to me when I can't do a damned thing about it. I try hard to hold on to them, saying to myself all the while "do not let go of these words; hang on to these thoughts; they will make you rich and famous" but even before the flushing noise stops, they are just gone.
Fleeting thoughts... gone... words... puns... all gone.
Shreds and bits of comprehension that torture me for days to take shape... Never quite return to Momma.

Which is why today I am putting an end to all the missed opportunities and just doing the deed of blogging, yaaron.

But hang on, somewhere in the middle of all the cool YouTube videos I was going to tell you guys about... My brain latched onto thoughts about the time when I celebrated my blog's first birthday right here...and the times when I used to deck up this very webpage in Christmas-ey colours come December and go mad with it during Diwali... Oh and the constant bimbette bashing.... I remember how religiously I would update the Poll questions and my "Currently Lusting Over" section, over on the right hand side here (on the right a couple of scrolls up)... And the good amount of responses too... 

Sigh this blog was sooooo very special to me.
Still is... it kills me that I have no time for it anymore.

Maybe this is precisely why I start turking during office hours and around important exams etc. and suddenly there's a new blog post. I'm going to call this my Blog-stagnation Defense Mechanism. Voila!

"Just let it happen, my friend" said Charles Backes said so famously in his times.

OK this long-winded story is almost over - patience.
And no, I'm not exactly going anywhere with this.

#reflecting upon the #sillyteenagedme

I went back and read some of my old posts - my pride, joy etc.
I sound like a struggling-with-her-teens girl confused in life and on periods for approximately 6 months straight. Eeeep.
*squirms*
A whiny ranter.
That wasn't me.
Whoa.
Fuck no.

After feeling sufficiently awkward for a while, I realise that this blog is a fully custom growth chart! Of sorts.
For me to go back and see who I was at a given point in the space-time coordinate system thingy. (Digression Alert: I don't even know whether the usage is correct, but "space-time coordinates" sounds so nerdy and oh-so-sexy at the same time that I'm wetter than Craig Kieswetter's last name right now.) To see what I was like, what my world was about... and such... And the smile that accompanies the sudden recall of a nearly-forgotten memory....  is quite worth it.
Hmm. I need to post more often.
So a couple of years down the line (if not now) I can finally decide whether referring to the man I married as "Hubby-bi" sounds more wrong than The Cap'n or vice-versa.

Just wondering... what are other personalised  life-o-meters (if you will) available to show you how much you've sort of changed over the years?
If you unintelligently said "photographs, duh" I'm going to laugh out loud, you know it.
Yes Sherlock, something with more dimensions than 2.

If however you Googled Charles Backes (from a short while ago), I have just one thing to say to you.

"
"

2 comments:

  1. Read some of your old work too. And while for most parts it was funny, you seem to be a little bit of a hater - that bit about Edward Cullen being a "gay bitch" or something to that effect. I really hope you didn't mean gay in the derogatory manner, I really like your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heyyy hello there & mucho gracias for dropping in! I am not a hater, I'll promose you that. My apologies on using the famous G word. Sounds immature. Maybe I should go back and say "pale vagina" Come on, you have gotta be with me now? :D :D

    ReplyDelete

Show me some love, go on <3